Munich – 27 March 2013
hybris First to Power All Channels from Single Commerce Platform
Only commerce platform with native omni-channel fulfillment and in-store integration. Mobile and social media enhancements deliver other key innovations.
Munich – 27 March 2013 – hybris, the world’s fastest-growing commerce platform provider ranked “leader” by both principal analyst firms, announces today the latest major release of the hybris Commerce Suite—the first commerce platform to give B2B and B2C organizations true omni-channel capabilities on a single technology stack. With new functionality to support the cross-channel consumer and in-store business tools to manage functions like “buy online, pick up in store”, businesses can now design, develop and deploy advanced commerce solutions more quickly and over more channels than ever before.
“Retailers, brands and manufacturers are racing to meet the increasing demands of the modern consumer. Businesses need to have systems that allow them to innovate faster. With the hybris Commerce Suite, implementing an omni-channel vision is no longer a multi-year process for B2C and B2B businesses,” said Ariel Luedi, CEO of hybris. “It is now within the realm of possibility for them to set up a true omni-channel commerce platform in under six months.”
“Nikon is the world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo imaging technology. We engage daily with millions of consumers and thousands of dealers. hybris’ Commerce Suite enables intuitive B2C and B2B sales from a single technology stack across more than 35 markets in 30 languages and 14 currencies,” said Laurent Christen, Head of Direct Sales for Nikon Europe.
Key to enabling businesses to connect all channels are new capabilities available in the latest release of the hybris Commerce Suite, such as hybris Order Management Services for OmniCommerce and the hybris InStore Module. With hybris’ Commerce Suite, businesses can now:
• Support cross-channel customer journeys with ease – hybris Order Management Services (hybris OMS) for OmniCommerce extend hybris’ Order Management capabilities by enabling businesses to easily support any fulfillment process that goes across multiple channels. The services provide a single view of inventory across the entire estate, sourcing and allocation functionality to optimize fulfillment processes, and pick, pack and ship capability to support the operational processes in-store. This ensures a convenient omni-channel shopping experience for customers while reducing operational costs for businesses.
• Connect digital and physical locations, product data and inventory – The hybris InStore Module extends the cross-channel user experience, enabling brick and mortar stores to benefit from the product data and business process support offered by hybris. When shopping online consumers have a level of expectation for certain experiences like easily finding products and access to ratings and reviews. With hybris InStore, an intuitive, tablet-optimized UI empowers store associates to offer many online experiences in-store and to create a stunning shopping experience for customers. The UI includes QR-Code reading as well as NFC capabilities, shows stock levels across the entire organization, and displays rich product information to better enable store associates to help customers choose the right products.
• Create business user tooling that fits – hybris is the first platform that enables organizations to design business tooling that matches their unique needs. Not all organizations define the tasks of the various roles of their staffs the same way, and innovative organizations may shift these responsibilities as they grow and change. hybris introduces the Next Generation Cockpit – a widget-based framework that enables developers to easily create business tools customized for specific organizational roles. With business tooling that is tailor-made, organizations can more effectively manage the user experience across multiple channels from a single place, drive greater ROI, and optimize business processes.
• Quickly develop and deploy mobile commerce apps – With native Mobile App SDKs for iOS and Android, businesses can build out a complete and fully integrated mobile shopping experiences via an exciting feature rich application. The Mobile App SDKs include pre-designed mobile storefront templates that include capabilities such as QR code scanning, NFC tag recognition, customer management, mobile search and check-out out of the box. The Mobile Apps SDKs complement existing device optimized mobile browsing capabilities and a fully functioning mobile storefront already available in the hybris Commerce Accelerator.
• Access ready-to-use plug-ins to social media – Through a easy-to-use set of web content management components, hybris customers can now drive sales through Pin This/Like/Tweet content syndication and begin building community engagement functionality through Facebook Comments.
• Reduce time to innovation – All of the latest innovations come fully integrated with the hybris Commerce Accelerator, hybris’ solution which allows B2C and B2B businesses to quickly deploy commerce capabilities across all channels including web, mobile, call center and now in-store. With pre-built customizable storefronts, key third-party integrations, built-in support for multi-language and multi-currency, and native integration to print capabilities, businesses can be live with true omni-channel commerce across the globe in under six months.
“hybris offers the only commerce platform on the market that is designed to deliver on the needs of today’s consumer. Through their single technology stack and their innovation they enable integration of all our channels, and continue to shape the market in ways no other commerce providers do,” said Franck Zayan, Internet & Ecommerce Director at Groupe Galeries Lafayette. “With hybris we really feel that we can future-proof our business.”