Forrester Report: Understanding The Challenges Of Building An Integrated Digital Experience
Businesses see a clear correlation between the quality of their product content and revenue driven from ecommerce, according to a commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of hybris. But are they drowning in content?
The proliferation of content and channels is challenging organizations to provide a unified brand experience. They are “faced with a confusing landscape of technologies and approaches which often lead to a fragmented customer experience.”
To examine the challenges of building an integrated brand experience, Forrester surveyed more than 150 organizations across North America and the UK. It found that more than half of respondents support 12+ distinct customer touchpoints – yet more than a third rely on homegrown systems to manage their content. Nevertheless, 41% use the web content management capabilities in their ecommerce platform, while nearly a quarter (23%) have customized their ecommerce platform to support their content needs – suggesting a move away from standalone web CMS.
The study also showed how organizational walls between marketing and ecommerce can lead to an inconsistent customer brand experience, since these functions can be responsible for different elements of digital delivery. The need to break down these walls is clear.
Download the Forrester Thought Leadership Paper to:
- Learn how to build a customer engagement (or experience) that unifies content, ecommerce and touch point management
- Find out which priorities are driving business leaders to invest in quality content
- Discover the biggest challenges in creating integrated content strategies and investing in content management systems
- Compare how retail and manufacturing companies are approaching these challenges
- Access recommendations on using technology to facilitate a unified digital experience